OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to implement the highest standards of confidentiality and transparency in relation to the personal data that we process in our current activity. Our core values are defined by a complete protection and transparency in the processing of your personal data within the performance of our legal services.
THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The controller of your personal data is S.C MIIOCONNECT S.R.L., hereinafter referred to as “CitizenRO”).
CATEGORIES OF PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we process may include:
· Contact information, such as your name, job title, postal address, including your home address (if provided to us), business address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address;
· Further information processed in a contractual relationship with CitizenRO or voluntarily provided by you, such as instructions given, payments made, information on any legal matters, disputes, litigation or other legal claims in which you or your ancestors are/were involved in any capacity (i.e., defendant, plaintiff, intervene, barrister, counsel, expert, etc.);
· In the context of the services provided to you we may also collect and process special categories of personal data, such as: data on trade union membership, data concerning health, data on your political opinions, data on criminal convictions and offences;
· Details of your visits of our offices or any other details on how you interact with us;
· Data resulting from your browsing on our website, collected via cookies and similar technologies, according to our Cookies Policy.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Any data processing activity of your personal data shall be performed under one of the following legal bases:
· Processing is necessary in order to execute or perform a contract to which you are party;
· Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation of the controller;
· Processing is performed with your consent;
· Processing is necessary to protect your or other natural person’s vital interests;
· Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by CitizenRO or by a third party (e.g. when processing is necessary for the performance of a contract concluded with your organisation), except where such interests are overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms;
· For the special categories of personal data, processing shall be made if, in addition to a general legal basis for data processing, one the following specific processing conditions are met:
· The consent of the data subject has been obtained;
· We have a legal obligation to process such data categories;
· Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
PURPOSES FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data for the following purposes (“Permitted Purposes“):
· Providing legal services, including legal representation before the courts of law, arbitrary tribunals or other competent authorities;
· Management of the contractual relationship with our clients;
· Complying with our legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism financing obligations, obligations of reporting to the tax authorities);
· Managing the security and access to our premises, the use of the IT systems used by CitizenRO (e.g., website, data management platforms, communication systems), including preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other unauthorized or malicious activities;
· For the purpose of complying with court judgments and exercising and/or defending our legal claims;
· Analyzing and improving our services and communications to you, including (since we have a legitimate interest to continuously improve our services) to carry out client surveys regarding the client satisfaction level on CitizenRO services; and
· For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal data were provided to us, in compliance with the applicable law.
Also, based on your consent, we may send you various communications through the channels you have approved, to keep you up to date on the latest legal developments, announcements and other information about the CitizenRO services, products, events and projects or other promotional events.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with other lawyers (including other legal professionals with whom we cooperate in the provision of services) and legal specialists (including mediators, industrial property advisors), consultants or experts involved in the cases we manage and the services we provide, courts of justice or arbitrary tribunals, other public authorities, entities nominated by you, parties involved in your case (which can be our client or a third party) or other entities in the context of the provision of CitizenRO services (such as: insurers, cloud, telecommunications, e-mail service providers, etc.)
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA ABROAD
We may transfer your personal data to EEA countries or countries recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection, if such transfer is required for the processing in accordance with the Permitted Purposes described above.
We will not transfer your personal data to third countries which were not recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If any of the personal data that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your name, surname or your email address or if you wish to cancel any request addressed to us, or if you become aware we have any inaccurate personal data about you, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be responsible for any loss arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, insufficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will cease any processing of your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the Permitted Purposes or when you withdraw your consent (if applicable) and (i) there are no compelling legitimate grounds for CitizenRO to continue processing of your personal data (including CitizenRO’s legal obligation to continue storing such data) which override your interests, rights and freedoms or (ii) if the personal data are no longer necessary to us for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Subject to certain legal conditions, you have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data:
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold;
· The right to the rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
· The right to object to or restrict our use of your personal data;
· The right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data based on the consent;
· The right to the erasure of your personal data, when you withdrew your consent, the processing is no longer necessary, or such processing is unlawful;
· The right to data portability which allows you to receive a copy of the processed data which we received from you or to share them with another entity nominated by you;
· The right to withdraw your consent for the consent-based processing. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before consent withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, CitizenRO will no longer process your personal data and shall take the necessary measures to erase your personal data.
If you wish to exercise the rights detailed above, please contact us using the following contact details:
· E-mail: email@example.com
To comply with our legal data security and confidentiality obligations, when you exercise one of your rights as a data subject, we may request you to prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid identification document or any other information which is necessary to verify that the request came for the entitled data subject.
We will consider any requests or complaints which we receive and send you a response within the terms provided by the law. If you are not satisfied with our response or you consider that we do not process your personal data in compliance with the applicable legal provisions, you may lodge a complaint with the Romanian supervisory authority.